(The internet has become the best market that there is for businesses. In today’s time, businesses must have their own mobile app if they want to strive against the competition or if they wish to grow and expand.
As per a report, the global market share of mobile was USD 154.05 billion in 2019 and was forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 11.5% annually from 2020 to 2027.
Businesses want to penetrate the market with engaging and effective mobile apps that the users can easily use to connect with the business at any time and from anywhere. Moreover, as most people own a smartphone now, the users are now more comfortable with using the mobile apps for their every need and want.
However, many of us just know how to use apps, and we have no or very little idea of how the apps are developed. The mobile apps are developed using a tool known as Mobile App Development Framework.
What is Mobile App Development Framework?
Mobile App Development Framework is a software/tool that is used to develop mobile applications. It is a software library that acts as the required structure to support the development of mobile applications.
It divides into three types of mobile app development categories.
Native Mobile App Development
The Native app is an application that is developed for a specific operating system such as for the iOS operating system or the Android Operating system. If you want to create a native android app then you need to use Android Studio or Kotlin. Likewise, for an iOS app, you need to use Xcode 12 or swift language.
Progressive Web App Development
Cross-platform App Development
Cross-platform mobile apps are applications that work on multiple mobile platforms with the same programming code. It is suitable with more than one OS like Android, iOS, and more. Frameworks like Xamarin, React Native, Kotlin, and more platforms can be used to develop Cross-platform mobile applications.
Let’s have a look at the top 20 mobile development frameworks in 2022.
Top 20 Mobile App Development Frameworks in 2022
Flutter is an open-source cross-platform mobile app development framework. It can be used to develop mobile, desktop, and web applications. The Framework works on a single code base, and a single code can be used to develop Android as well as an iOS app. The Framework provides a UI toolkit and various widgets that help in the comfortable and speedy development of the mobile app.
The Flutter framework is developed by Google. It uses a 2D rendering engine called Skia for developing the visuals of the application.
- Flexible User Interface
- Speedy App Development
- Get Full Native Performance
- Offers built-in Material Design
- Best cross platform app development
2. React Native
It helps build attractive User Interfaces and is among the most recommended mobile app development frameworks.
- Code Reusability
- Native like cross platform app development support
- Ease of Maintenance
- Compatibility with third-party plugins
3. Xamarin Platform
Xamarin is an app development platform that uses uniform UI to develop native applications. It can be used to develop apps for Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS. Around 75% of codes can be shared across various platforms, and therefore the developers get their hands on “write once, run everywhere” ease.
The Framework is packed with almost every required tool and library needed to develop apps that provide a rich UI experience.
- Single Technological Stack.
- Sharable code.
- Cross Platform app support
- Technical support by Microsoft.
- Time and cost-saving mobile app development.
4. Ionic Framework
It focuses on front-end UI & UX interaction of apps like Gestures, animations, Interactions, UI controls, etc.
- One code for all app stores.
- A performance-focused Framework.
- Clean, Simple, and functional design.
- Availability of Cordova plugins.
5. Adobe PhoneGap
This Framework is a natural choice for developing Hybrid apps.
- Reusability of codes.
- Backed by Apache, powered by Apache Cordova.
- Easy-to-work plugins.
- Robust Backend.
Solar2D is a cross-platform, open-source Framework. The Framework is also known as 2D game development Framework. It provides ten times faster development than any other app development framework, thanks to the backend support by Lua – a lightweight programming language that facilitates speed, simplicity, and flexibility.
Solar2D is suitable for building apps for iPhone, iPad, Tablet, Android phone, Mac, Windows, Desktop, Fire TV, etc.
- Multiple plugins.
- Faster Development.
- Strong API support.
- Cost-Effective Development.
7. Mobile Angular UI
The Mobile Angular UI is a combination of HTML5, Bootstrap, and AngularJS. If a person is familiar with BootStrap and AngularJS, they can learn this mobile app development framework in no time. It contains components like switches, sidebars, overlays, scrollable areas, etc., basically all the components that were missing in the Bootstrap.
It provides a robust and attractive User Interface for effective and accessible mobile app development.
- Responsive Framework.
- Easier to develop Hybrid apps.
- No jQuery dependencies.
- Use CSS files to build a fully responsive UI.
Ktor is a free, open-source, and cross-platform mobile app development framework. It can be used to develop iOS apps, Android apps, microservices, web applications, and more. It is a suitable framework to develop a hybrid app. Ktor is a light-weight framework that allows you to configure the functionality transparently.
It comes with Kotlin support.
- It is a lightweight framework.
- It is small and straightforward, and thus, this boosts the development process.
- Kotlin Native helps in developing native apps.
- Allows you to build Asynchronous servers.
NativeScript is well suited to develop apps for multiple platforms within an effective budget and in less time.
- Native User Interface.
- Direct access to iOS and Android APIs.
- Strong Backend Support.
- Reusability of codes.
10. jQuery Mobile
jQuery Mobile is an HTML5 based open source and cross-platform app development framework. With the mantra, “write less, do more”, jQuery mobile allows you to write a single code for a web or mobile app, and then you can use the same across all the other platforms.
The ThemeRoller features allow you to drag and drop colors and to download the custom theme so that you can create the perfect UI based on your brand.
- Easy to learn if you know the basics of HTML5 and CSS3.
- It is a cross-platform and cross-browser-compatible Framework.
- ThemeRoller allows you to create custom themes.
- Reusability of the codes.
11. Appcelerator Titanium
The growing community of the Appcelerator Titanium comes pretty handily whenever you are stuck or when you wish to explore something new.
- It allows rapid prototyping and is flexible.
- Easy to learn and develop apps.
- The code module helps in boosting the speed of development.
- Growing community comes in handy.
It has a built-in grid system layout that facilitates the arrangement of the elements responsively.
- The learning curve of Framework7 is super easy.
- It has various pre-styled widgets & components.
- Various libraries act as in-built helpers.
- It supports faster development via Bower.
13. Sencha Ext JS
Apps can be developed for different platforms using a single code.
- You get your hands on customizable UI widgets.
- The flexible layout manager helps to organize the display of data and content.
- Reduces the cost of app development.
- The codes are highly readable as it uses MVC Architecture.
14. Oracle Mobile Application
Oracle Mobile provides a visual development experience.
- Enables you to develop richer user interfaces by leveraging over 80 components.
- Easily access native mobile services like SMS, phone, camera, GPS, and more.
- Allows you to integrate an on-demand and browser-based mobile interface in the same application.
- End-to-end encryption will enable you to develop secure apps.
15. Onsen UI 2
It uses Angular in such a way that you can do the development process without knowing anything about Angular.
- Ready to use components for auto-styling the apps.
- Performance optimized for mobile.
- Theme Editor helps in developing fantastic UI.
- It offers powerful command-line tools.
Monaca is an open-source, cross-platform, hybrid mobile app development platform. It can be used to develop HTML5 hybrid mobile apps. It is the most open and ready framework that you can easily plug into your existing workflow or development environment.
Monaca provides four different environments to increase flexibility and convenience during app development.
- Cloud-empowered development.
- Framework Agnostic.
- Mix and match the theme and UI.
- Powerful Debugging and Testing.
Quasar is a UI Framework that is used to provide the Vue users with reusable, styled components, as Vue lacks them. Mainly, it is a Material Design 2, full front-end stack for Vue.js. It is a high-performance and powerful platform, yet simple. It uses the MIT-licensed UI kit and also, comes with a lot of UI components.
- Effective documentation.
- Material design components.
- Integrated Vue plugins.
- Stylus Variations.
- Aurelia has no dependencies.
- It used simple conventions to boost the app development process.
- It is compliant with new standards.
- Easy to learn.
BeeWare is an open-source, cross-platform mobile app development framework that works on the Python language. It is a very easy framework to work on as a beginner, and as much a strong tool in the hands of an expert. The apps developed using the framework can perform natively on any platform that you release the app on.
The tools that BeeWare offers help the developers to write Python codes with a rich and unique interface and the libraries help them in upgrading the app to its full.
- BeeWare uses native widgets and native functionality in contrast to the theme-based approach.
- The tools and the libraries are rich to develop effective cross-platform apps.
- It is an easy framework for beginners to start with.
- BeeWare provides the users with libraries to access the native capabilities of the device.
Kivy is a cross-platform, open-source, mobile app development that uses Python library to rapidly develop applications that offer unique user-interface like multi-touch apps. It is a 100% free-to-use tool. The toolkit of the framework is professionally developed, backed, and used. Given the extensively rich library, the tool is extremely powerful.
The multitouch support allows the developers to develop various graphically rich widgets for the app.
- As the framework is based on Python, it is an extremely powerful tool to develop natively performing apps.
- The developer just has to write the code once, and then they can use it across all the platforms.
- The multi-touch support makes it easy to build widgets.
- The framework performs better than HTML5 cross-platform alternatives.
App Development Framework FAQ’s
Have questions regarding the app development framework? Here, we have answered of most frequently asked questions about app development frameworks. Let us know in the comment if we missed out on any.
1. Which framework is the most effective to choose for native iOS app development?
Swift is the most effective framework for Native iOS mobile app development.
2. Which framework is the most effective to choose for native android app development?
For Native Android Mobile App Development, Kotlin is the most effective framework.
3. Which framework is best to choose for cross-platform app development?
For cross-platform app development, you can choose Flutter or React Native frameworks.
4. Which framework is the most effective to choose for hybrid app development?
For Hybrid App Development, Ionic, Monaca, and Phonegap are the most suitable.
Capermint – The Best Mobile App Development Company
Looking for mobile app development? To get the best result, you should hire a leading app development company to get the best app for your brand/business. Capermint is the best mobile app development company in Canada & USA. With expert developers and an extraordinary team, they will be able to develop the best possible app for you in a budget-friendly and effective manner.
This concludes the list of the Top 20 Mobile App Development Frameworks to look at in 2022. Choose the right Framework based on its benefits and advantages, and get your app development started now! If you wish to know more, you can contact Capermint, and we will be happy to solve all your queries.