Apps are available for everything, and they are facilitating our daily lifestyle. Even for businesses, having their own app improves their sales, and it provides their customers with the easiest way to connect with their business. The app is now at the center of our lifestyles and the economic system. So, have you ever wondered how these apps are developed?
The framework that is used to develop mobile apps is called Mobile App Development Framework.
Types of Mobile App Development
The Mobile App Development Framework is a used to develop mobile applications. It is a software library that acts as the required structure to support the development of mobile applications.
Mobile App Development Frameworks are divided into three type of mobile app development categories.
There are various Mobile App Development Frameworks available that you can use to develop your own mobile app.
20 Best Mobile App Development Frameworks 2021
Here is a list of the Top Mobile App Development Frameworks of 2021.
Ionic Framework focuses on front-end UI & UX interaction of apps like Gestures, Animations, Interactions, UI controls, etc.
Ionic Framework Advantages:
- One code for all app stores.
- A performance-focused Framework.
- Clean, Simple, and functional design.
- Availability of Cordova plugins.
Swift is a programming language used to develop apps for iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, and other Apple Operating Systems. It is a simple & elegant framework developed by Apple, yet, it is powerful & contains all the modern features for apps across various genres.
It is the best choice for developing apps for Apple Products. It allows you to write safe and straightforward code, without compromising your speed.
Advantages of Swift Framework:
- Binary compatibility and stable ABI.
- Standard Library updates.
- Excellent performance and faster launch for your iOS apps.
- Module Stability for apps.
3. React Native
It helps build attractive User Interfaces and is among the most recommended mobile app development frameworks.
Advantages of React Native Framework:
- Code Reusability.
- Ease of Maintenance.
- Compatibility with third-party plugins.
Flutter is a cross-platform mobile app development framework. Flutter can be used to develop mobile, desktop, and web applications. The Framework works on a single code base, and a single code can be used to develop Android as well as iOS app. The Framework provides a UI toolkit and various widgets that help in a comfortable and speedy development of the mobile app.
The Flutter Framework is developed by Google. Flutter uses a 2D rendering engine called Skia for developing the visuals of the application.
Advantages of Flutter Framework:
- Flexible User Interface.
- Speedy App Development.
- Get Full Native Performance.
- Offers built-in Material Design.
5. Xamarin Platform
Xamarin is an app development platform that uses uniform UI to develop native applications. It can be used to develop apps for Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS. Around 75% of codes can be shared across various platforms, and therefore the developers get their hands on “write once, run everywhere” ease.
The Framework is packed with almost every required tool and libraries needed to develop apps that provide rich UI experience.
Advantages of using Xamarin platform:
- Single Technological Stack.
- Sharable code.
- Technical support by Microsoft.
- Time and cost-saving mobile app development.
6. Adobe PhoneGap
This Framework is a natural choice for developing Hybrid apps.
Advantages of Adobe PhoneGap Framework:
- Reusability of codes.
- Backed by Apache, powered by Apache Cordova.
- Easy to work plugins.
- Robust Backend.
Solar2D is a cross platform, open-source mobile app development Framework. The Framework is also known as 2D game development Framework. It provides ten times faster development than any other mobile app development framework thanks to the backend support by Lua – a light-weight programming language that facilitates speed, simplicity, and flexibility.
Solar2D is suitable for building apps for iPhone, iPad, Tablet, Android phone, Mac, Windows, Desktop, Fire TV, etc.
Advantages of Solar2D Framework:
- Multiple plugins.
- Faster Development.
- Strong API support.
- Cost-Effective Development.
8. Mobile Angular UI
The Mobile Angular UI is a combination of HTML5, Bootstrap, and AngularJS. If a person is familiar with BootStrap and AngularJS, they can learn this mobile app development framework in no time. It contains components like switches, sidebars, overlays, scrollable areas, etc., basically all the components that were missing in the Bootstrap.
It provides a robust and attractive User Interface for an effective and accessible mobile app development.
Advantages of Mobile Angular UI Framework:
- Responsive Framework.
- Easier Framework to develop Hybrid apps.
- No jQuery dependencies.
- Use CSS files to build a fully responsive UI.
9. Ktor Framework
Ktor is a free, open-source, and cross platform mobile app development framework. It can be used to develop iOS apps, Android apps, microservices, web applications, and more. It is a suitable framework to develop a hybrid app. It is a light-weight framework that allows you to configure the functionality transparently.
It comes with Kotlin support.
Advantages of Ktor Framework:
- It is a light-weight framework.
- It is small and straightforward, and thus, this boosts the development process.
- Kotlin Native helps in developing native apps.
- Allows you to build Asynchronous servers.
The Framework is well suited to develop apps for multiple platforms within an effective budget and in less time.
Advantages of NativeScript Framework:
- Native User Interface.
- Direct access to iOS and Android APIs.
- Strong Backend Support.
- Reusability of codes.
11. jQuery Mobile
jQuery Mobile is an HTML5 based open source and cross platform mobile app development framework. With the mantra, “write less, do more”, jQuery mobile app development framework allows you to write a single code for a web or mobile app, and then you can use the same across all the other platforms.
The ThemeRoller features allow you to drag and drop colours and to download the custom theme so that you can create the perfect UI based on your brand.
Advantages of jQuery Mobile Framework:
- It is easy to learn this Framework if you know the basics of HTML5 and CSS3.
- It is a cross platform and cross-browser compatible Framework.
- ThemeRoller allows you to create custom themes.
- Reusability of the codes.
12. Appcelerator Titanium
The growing community of the Appcelerator Titanium comes pretty handily whenever you are stuck or when you wish to explore something new.
Advantages of Appcelerator Titanium Framework:
- It allows rapid prototyping and is flexible.
- Easy to learn and develop apps.
- The code module helps in boosting the speed of development.
- Growing community comes handy.
It has a built-in grid system layout that facilitates the arrangement of the elements responsively.
Advantages of Framework7:
- The learning curve of Framework7 is super easy.
- It has various pre-styled widgets & components.
- Various libraries act as an in-built helper.
- It supports faster development via Bower.
14. Sencha Ext JS
Apps can be developed for different platforms using the single code.
Advantages of Sencha Ext JS Framework:
- You get your hands on customizable UI widgets.
- The flexible layout manager helps to organize the display of data and content.
- Reduces the cost of app development.
- The codes are highly readable as it uses MVC Architecture.
15. Oracle Mobile Application Framework
It provides a visual development experience.
Advantages of Oracle Mobile Application Framework:
- Enables you to develop richer user interfaces by leveraging over 80 components.
- Easily access native mobile services like SMS, phone, camera, GPS, and more.
- Allows you to integrate on-demand and browser-based mobile interface in the same application.
- End-to-end encryption will enable you to develop secure apps.
16. Onsen UI 2
It uses Angular in such a way that you can do the development process without knowing anything about Angular.
Advantages of Onsen UI 2 Framework:
- Ready to use components for auto-styling the apps.
- Performance optimized for mobile.
- Theme Editor helps in developing fantastic UI.
- It offers powerful command-line tools.
Monaca is an open-source, cross platform, hybrid mobile app development plaform. It can be used to develop HTML5 Hybrid mobile apps. It is the most open and ready mobile app development framework that you can easily plug in your existing workflow or development environment.
Monaca provides four different environments to increase flexibility and convenience during app development.
Advantages of Monaca Platform:
- Cloud-empowered development.
- Framework Agnostic.
- Mix and match the theme and UI.
- Powerful Debugging and Testing.
18. Quasar Framework
Quasar Framework is a UI Framework that is used to provide the Vue users with reusable, styled-components, as Vue lacks them. Quasar Framework is a Material Design 2, full front-end stack for Vue.js. It is a high performance and powerful framework, yet simple. It uses the MIT-licensed UI kit.
Quasar Framework comes with a lot of UI components.
Advantages of Quasar Framework:
- Effective documentation.
- Material design components.
- Integrated Vue plugins.
- Stylus Variations.
19. Aurelia Framework
Advantages of Aurelia Framework:
- Aurelia Framework has no dependencies.
- It used simple conventions to boost the app development process.
- It is compliant with new standards.
- Easy to learn Framework.
20. Intel XDK (Discontinued)
Intel XDK aimed at providing a neutral environment for developing Native and Web Mobile applications.
Advantages of Intel XDK:
- It has integration with Editor, Debugger, Emulator, and Binary builder.
- It provides easy access to the device’s features.
- It is easy to learn this Framework.
Capermint - The Best Mobile App Development Company
Looking for mobile app development? To get the best result, you should hire a leading app development company to get the best app for your brand/business. Capermint is the best mobile app development company in Canada, USA & India. With the expert developers and an extraordinary team, they will be able to develop the best possible app for you in a budget-friendly and effective manner.
This concludes the list of the Top 20 Mobile App Development Frameworks to look in 2021. Choose the right Framework based on their benefits and advantages, and get your app development started now! If you wish to learn more about these Frameworks, you can contact the Capermint, and we will be happy to solve all your queries.
Mobile App Development Framework FAQ's
Swift is the most effective framework for Native iOS mobile app development.
For Native Android Mobile App Development, Kotlin is the most effective framework.
For cross-platform app development you can choose Flutter or React Native frameworks.
For Hybrid App Development, Ionic, Monaca, and Phonegap are the most suitable mobile app development frameworks.