UrbanClap is the only platform that connects with the consumers and professional startup, small business service providers. In this, users can search the services based on location, budget, and Local vendors and service providers can list out their services, budget, and locations so that users can easily find the services in nearby areas. It’s the best way that a small business can reach with the seekers through popular applications and connect with the local audience by showing their services online.
What is UrbanClap App (Currently Urban Company)?
UrbanClap app is India’s and UAE’s largest at-home services provider. It is an all-in-one platform for various at-home services. The app can be used to hire professionals for almost all at-home services, from beauticians to sofa cleaners, carpenters, car-cleaners, plumbers, technicians, etc.
UrbanClap allows users to connect with skilled and experienced professionals for at-home service. The users can start using the app by just signing in, but if a professional wants to be listed on the app, they have to undergo an intensive training module, to list their service on the platform. Moreover, the platform uses its advanced match-making algorithm to search for the nearest professional who matches the user’s requirements and is available at the given date and time.
UrbanClap received its first seed investment from ACCEL and SAIF. Currently, UrbanClap wants to expand itself globally. Therefore, the company has changed its name from UrbanClap to Urban Company, to give the name a universal appeal.
About Urban Clap / Urban Company
- Founders: Abhiraj Bhal, Raghav Chandra, Varun Khaitan
- CEO: Abhiraj Bhal
- Founding Year: 2014
- Headquarter: Gurugram
- Subsidiaries: Handy Home Solutions, Goodservice Labs
- Valuation: Over $900 Million
- Last Funding: $75 million (Series E funding)
Urban Company / UrbanClap Facts
- UrbanClap app is used by 3 Million+ people.
- The number of services listed on the UrbanClap is 107 services.
- 4,50,000 is the average number of monthly transactions that take place on UrbanClap.
- UrbanClap claims that only 1 out of 10 professionals are selected, as they just want to work with the best professionals, and as a result, the average rating on UrbanClap is 4.2.
There are more than 2,00,000 service providers on UrbanClap.
- Urban Clap receives on average, 5000 daily customer requests.
- Additionally, it has raised $185 million in funding until now.
List of Categories Covered by UrbanClap App
There is a huge category offered by the home service providing apps.
Home Design and Construction
- Architect model
- Interior Designer
- Modular Kitchen
- Painters: House/ office coloring
- CCTV Cameras installation
- Packers & movers
- Pest control
- Water Tank
Home Cleaning and Repair
- Electricals & Electronic Repair: Geyser Repair, Washing Machine, TV and Freeze Services
- Plumber for Plumbing Services
- Carpenter for Furniture
- Kitchen Cleaning
- Bathroom Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Soft & Carpet Cleaning
Tutors & Lessons
- Home Tutor: You can hire a home tutor for mathematics, English, Commerce, Science, and more
- Dance Masters
- Music Teacher
- Different Languages Tutors
Party & Event Services
- Birthday Party
- Inauguration Arrangements
- Festival Party
- Theme Party
- And More Event Organizations
Wedding Planner Services
- Wedding Planner
- Bridal Makeup
- Pre-wedding & Post-Wedding Photography
Health & Wellness
- Yoga & Fitness Trainer at Home
- Web Designer & Developer
- App Developer
- CA for Taxation to Small Business
UrbanClap App Business & Revenue Model
An application like UrbanClap offers a simple business model. It provides daily routine professionals such as electricians, house cleaning, fitness, Yoga instructor, wedding event photographers, interior & architecture designers, etc. These all done by the team which heavenly investing the time to make the perfect matching algorithm.
Basically, UrbanClap has two revenue models.
85% of the revenue that UrbanClap generates, comes from this model.
In this model, professional workers have to pay a certain amount of commission for every job that they receive and accept from UrbanClap. It works as a middle man and in revenue, UrbanClap gets a commission.
It is a platform that helps the users to easily find a trained and trusted professional for their work and it helps the professionals by acting as a platform that can provide them work.
Different commission is charged for each type of work. The simple thing is that the more work that is completed by the professionals, the more money UrbanClap will earn.
2. Lead Generation
Apart from the commission model, UrbanClap also uses Lead Generation model to generate a profit. In this model, professionals will be charged once they getting leads from UrbanClap.
Moreover, the customer can specify their special requirements. According to the requirement, customers can either contact the professionals mentioned by UrbanClap or, the professionals can contact the customer (After seeing the listed job with special requirements).
Once the customer chooses the professional, UrbanClap will charge the professional and the customer for the lead generation.
How UrbanClap Works?
Is finding a plumber, beautician, interior designer, etc. around you simple?
For the majority of people, it is hard to find trusted and trained professionals for their in-house work. Professionals are also struggling to find work. Therefore, to solve these two problems, an app platform known as Urbanclap was found as a medium, where the users can find professionals for all of their in-house work, and the professionals can find work.
The app has two-fold functioning;
- The user can use the app if they are looking for a professional to perform a specific in-house service.
- They can download the app can they can choose any service from the list of services mentioned.
- Once they choose a particular service, a pop-up will come which contains packages. Users can select the package according to their budget.
- After this, they are asked to select a suitable date and time.
- The app allows the user to check the profile of the professional to see their qualities.
- They can pay using various online payment options or COD is also available.
- Users can also rate and post a review of the service.
Service Provider End
- As mentioned above, the service provider can be listed only after going through the intensive training module.
- Once the user selects a service, the service providers of that area are notified. They can either accept or reject the offer.
- The professional and see the work commitments, and after analyzing the same, they can accept or reject the offer.
- If the service provider accepts the offer, both the user and the service provider will receive a notification about the same.
- The service provider can cancel a booking in case of an emergency, but they will be charged for the same.
Key Features of App like UrbanClap / Urban Company
There are various feature develops into the application.
- Simple Registration
- Login With Social Media (FB, Google, Email)
- Data Security and Safety
- Design User Friendly UI/UX Interface
- Use Advanced Search Filter
- Provide Multiple Payment Options
- Add Service Feedback
- Keep History Of Works Which customer Posted
- Provide View local vendors Details
- Chat & Quote History With local vendors
- In-App Chat With local vendors
- Keep Payment History
Local Vendors Features
- Fast & Simple Login /Registration Feature
- Chat With A Customer
- Add service charges based on Hourly, fixed, and experienced base quote.
- Set Availability and Service Times
- Reply to customer reviews/feedback.
- Show Work History & Payment History
- Keep GPS Location Tracking
Admin Panel Features
- Full Admin Control Panel
- View Locations Of clients and local Vendors
- Advance CMS and CRM system
- Record Management System For Partners and Clients
- Backup and Restore Facility
- Keep Work Records, Billing, and Payment History
- Cloud Hosting system
- Accounts and Taxation Part
- Globally Access
- Set Ads and Promotions
- Check the Sales Analytics
- Notification Control From the Back End
- Price and Subscription Plan Management
How much does it cost to develop an app like UrbanClap?
To develop an app like UrbanClap would cost around $25,000 to $30,000 for a single platform (Android or iOS) with basic functionalities. If you want an app like Urban clap with all the advanced features and that can run on multiple platforms then the development cost would increase up to $60,000.
- Small Company Cost: $10 – $40 / Hour
- Intermediate Company Cost: $40 – $100 / Hour
- Enterprise-level Company Cost: $100 – $250 / Hour
The cost of the UrbanClap app also depends on the company you choose and other various factors as well.
If you are looking for such type of application, then contact us. Also, we have technical developers who have developed a similar app like UrbanClap, TaskRabbit, helpbit, mrusta, mplus, bro4u, sulekha, helpr, handy, and Housejoy. In this app, we develop the users, Local Vendors, and admin panel. To know more about our application development check out our portfolio.
How much time does it take to develop an app like UrbanClap?
Developing an app like UrbanClap will take time around 12 Weeks.
The time will also increase up to 20 weeks, according to requirements, features, and platform compatibility for Urban Clap app development.
Benefits of Local Service Provider apps
An application like UrbanClap has various benefits such as,
— Target local audience marketplace
Local service provider apps like UrbanClap target the local audience and provide beneficial and quick services to the local audience. This type of applications full fills the users demand on time and giving fruitful benefit to the local vendors also provide the benefits for rural areas.
— Provide personalized and loyal service
Local service provider app offers more personalization services to their customers. It helps to build loyal service providers and also help the customers by addressing the customer’s problem without delay.
— More flexible
Local vendors deliver quality services to the clients and make a strong relationship for future services. This app provides an opportunity to receive highly lucrative services from the local customers and earn money with the services.
— Build Network
This app helps the local vendors to build a great network with the clients by providing excellent services so that client refers their services to their friends and relatives.
Top 10 On-Demand Services Apps Like UrbanClap (Urban Company)
There are so many on-demand services apps similar to UrbanClap has been developed over the worldwide, All these apps providing on-demand services and generating good revenue online. These apps are popular and successfully doing business. Take a look, we have defined with countries wise.
Zimmber app providing on-demand home services like plumbing, deep cleaning, carpentry, sofa & carpet cleaning, pest control, and other more services.
2. Task Rabbit
It provides home services such as house cleaning, Furniture assembly, television repair, moving, delivery, and handyman work.
It provides the best services such as carpenters, House maintenance, maids, and repairing staff.
It is the platform that provides electronics repair, home services, beauty & many more.
It is one of the fastest-growing on-demand marketplaces. You can hire for repair & Maintenance, Services, etc.
This app provides the Pest Control, Home Cleaning, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, AC, Washing machine, Fridge, Geyser Repairs, Vehicle care & House painting service.
It provides interior design for commercial and residential society.
This app provides the home cleaning, repairing, pest control, car spa, painting, and handyman like plumber, electrician, water purifier, carpenter and furniture assemble.
9. Mr. Right
It is an online platform that connects users with the professional’s service provider in their nearby area.
10. Urban Company
Urban Clap / Urban Company is #1 on demand service provider app in India, Australia, UAE and Singapore. With providing top home secrives to beauty services and all, Urbanclap take over 80% market of on demand services.
These are all On-demand service provide application who provide the services to the local clients and making good revenue for the business. This type of app supports online transactions, GPS location, and provide call/ SMS notification to service providers. It also maintains the history of service offered by local vendors. With on-demand services, local vendors easily get work and clients get good services on the spot.
In this modern time, most of the people engaged in mobile with internet services. Thus apps like UrbanClap giving the opportunity to get the services instantly at their location. Capermint technologies is a mobile app development company providing on-demand market services app development solutions on a global basis. We have 60+ Pro Development and Designers who can develop your ideas and give personalized apps such as Urban Clap, TaskRabbit HouseJoy, Etc. for the iOS and Android mobile platforms. Also, we offer the best services at a reasonable price. Our developers are masters in the designing and development industry, and they use the latest tools technologies while developing the application. Moreover, we provide amazing features and affordable development services and deliver projects on-time.
Connect with us and ask to develop an on-demand home service app and become a famous entrepreneur name over the internet.